Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 1 Micro aquarium

Day 1- I set up my microaquarium using the glass aquarium provided in class along with a base and a lid to seal it. I went on to fill the aquarium with water from the Tennessee River at boat ramp across from Knoxville sewer plant. Neyland Dr. Knox Co. Knoxville TN. Full sun exposure. French Broad and Holston Rivers water Sheds N35 56.722 W83 55.587 813 ft 10/12/2014. I then added Utricularia gibba, which is a carnivorous plant to the aquarium. I then added Amblestegium varium which is a moss collected from natural spring at Carters Mill Park in Knox county TN. I put the aquarium under the microscope and observed the sediment in it and looked at the plants added. I saw a nematode swimming in the aquarium. I did not see any other organisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment