Sunday, November 9, 2014

Observation 3

Observation #3

My third observation of my MicroAquarium took place on November 6. After retrieving my MicroAquarium from the bin assigned to my lab time, I placed my MicroAquarium under the microscope. In this observation I was quick to spot out Tachysoma. I talked about Tachysoma in my last observation, but in this one I took a picture. 

Further into my observation I came across a new organism that I Haven't seen before. That organism is Centrophyxis. They look like brown circular organisms with a circular inside. I saw many rotifers in my MicroAquarium in this observation also.  My MicroAquarium is full of life with the organisms that I observed in previous blog posts, and the new organisms I found in this blog post. 


Figure 184- Free Living Freshwater Protozoa


Centropyxis sp. - A testae amoeba with lobose pseudopodia. 


















Figure 265- Free Living Freshwater Protozoa

Tachysoma sp.












  
Patterson, David J. Free-living Freshwater Protozoa: A Colour Guide. New York: 
     Wiley, 1996. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment