Sunday, November 2, 2014

Observation #2

My second observation of my MicroAquarium under the microscope took place on October 30. After retrieving my MicroAquarium from the bin assigned to my lab section, I placed my MicroAquarium under one of the microscopes. As i was looking at my MicroAquarium i observed many of the same organisms that I did in my last observation. I saw many Euplotes and Ureocentrum. It seems as if they are more abundant in this observation. 

I found the food pellet that Dr. McFarland put into my MicroAquarium. The food pellet is a Beta Food Pellet. "Atison's Beta Food" made by Ocean Nurtition, Aqua Pet Americans, 3528 Wrest 500 south, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Ingredients include: Fish meal, wheat flower, soy milk, krill meal, minerals, vitamins and preservatives. Analysis is: crude protein 30%, crude fat 4.5%, crude fiber 3.5%, moisture 8% and ask 15%. 

The food pellet was full of life. As I observed it there was many Euplotes swimming around it. There were so many I couldn't count them all. I saw a new organism that I haven't seen in my MicroAquarium before. That organism is Tachysoma. There were many swimming around the food pellet. I did not get a picture for this posting, but I will in my next observation. 

Source of information; McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2014. [cited 2 November 2014 ]. Available fromhttp://botany1112014.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment