Sunday, November 16, 2014

Observation #4

In my fourth and last observation of my MicroAquarium took place on November 13. I retrieved my MicroAquarium from the bin labeled my lab section and proceeded to place it under a microscope. In this observation I saw many organisms that I have been observing in previous blog entries. The organisms I looked at were Tachysoma, and more Euplotes. They look like they have multiplied and gotten bigger. Everything else in the MicroAquarium looked similar to what I observed before.

I observed a new organism in this observation and that organism is Vorticella. This organism has a long flagella, which is very distinct. 

Figure 233 Free Living Freshwater Protozoa
Vorticella sp. Josh Perdue



Patterson, David J. Free-living Freshwater Protozoa: A Colour Guide. New York: 
     Wiley, 1996. Print.



No comments:

Post a Comment